The Leipzig Administrative Court has been situated in the Leutzsch neighbourhood since it was founded in 1992. The building, which was built between 1897 and 1899, was home to the family of the fur trader Curt Thorer. After the Thorer family had to leave in 1952 because of the political situation, the building housed a training college for librarians and from the 1980s the Administrative Academy of the District Council. After 1990, the building was returned to the descendants of the former owners, and was rented out to the Free State of Saxony for use as the Administrative Court. The building frequently serves as a concert venue for performances by students from the Hochschule für Musik und Theater «Felix Mendelssohn Batholdy», as part of the «Kunst & Justiz» (Art and Justice) project, with support from the Naumann-Etienne Foundation, respectively INTERTEC GROUP (USA).